The Edison Institute, doing business as (d/b/a) The Henry Ford (“The Henry Ford,” “we,” “our” or “us”) provides access to several virtual services and platforms, including inHub (the “Services”).
You may use the Service only for lawful purposes, the purpose specified in the Services and in accordance with this AUP. You agree not to use the Services in any of the following ways:
- In any way that violates any applicable law or regulations (federal, state, local, or international law). This includes, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries.
- To exploit, harm, or attempt to exploit or harm, minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that will violates the rights of any individual or entity established in any jurisdiction. This includes the illegal or otherwise impermissible use of any property subject to copyright, trademark, patent or any other intellectual property rights (collectively, “IP Rights”), regardless of whether we or a third-party holds, possesses or has the right to enforce the IP Rights.
- To transmit, procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material. This includes, without limitation, spam and similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, the holder of IP Rights for the materials that are a part of or are referenced in the Services, another user of the Services, or any other person or entity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm us, the individual or entity who holds or can enforce any IP Rights covering any property included in, associated with or a part of the Service or any users of the Service or expose us or them to liability.
Additionally, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Service or interfere with any other individual or entity’s use of the Services, including their ability to engage in realtime or ongoing use of the Services.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any Services or any property that is part of the Services that are subject to IP Rights.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other software or material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Service, us or any other user of the Services.
- Attempt to or actually gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Services or any of our or other resources used to provide the Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
You agree not to use the Services or any property associated with the Services to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, create or re-use any material that:
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable as determined by us, in our sole discretion or by applicable law.
- Promotes or is associated with sexually explicit or pornographic material.
- Promotes or is associated with violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringes any IP Rights of any person.
- Violates the legal rights of others or contains any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations. This includes, without limitation, the rights of publicity and privacy.
- Is likely to deceive any person.
- Promotes any illegal activity, or advocates, promotes, or assists any unlawful act.
- Causes annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or is likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involves commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Gives the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Monitoring and Enforcement
We, in our sole discretion, will determine whether your conduct is in compliance with this AUP. We have the right to:
- Monitor your use of the Services for any purpose in our sole discretion and as we see fit.
- Take any action we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion if we believe conduct violates this AUP, infringes any IP Right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or could create liability for the us.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their IP Rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
- Terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Services for any or no reason, including without limitation, any violation of this AUP.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone who accesses or uses the Services.
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE HENRY FORD AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.